Sydney started first grade this year. I can't believe how sad I am about it. She seems too young to be going to school all day. But she loves it. Her teacher is Miss Holt. Sydney already loves her. The first thing she said to me after I picked her up the first day was "Mom, do you know how many times I go to recess a day?" How many? "3 TIMES!!" with her fingers waving the # in the air like someone had given her a million dollars.
She was also selected as student of the week for the first full week of school. We were able to make this poster all about Sydney for her special week. She was so excited. Let me tell she put some critical thought into selecting her favorite things.
This is the list of what Sydney says are her favorites....
COLOR......PINK
MOVIE......HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
SINGER....MARTINA MCBRIDE
PLACE......LAKE POWELL (It's better than Disneyland she says)
FOOD.......SPAGHETTI (I don't agree, she never eats it. I would say shrimp is her favorite)
DESSERT...CHILI'S MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
LOVES school, playing T-Ball, Dancing, Gymnastics, playing with friends, stuffed animals, shopping and being a big sister.


4 comments:
hilarous! carsen did almost the exact same thing-3 recesses!!! and he LOVES the lunch time too - i was just as said to see carsen go...good thing he didn't have a problem adjusting, don't know if i could be strong enough for both of us...LOL!
Jill! Hey girl, good to hear from you. I looked all over your blog trying to find out what "big city" you guys moved to. well, duh - Spanish Fork.."up town" you mean.
Your blog is so cute, and I can't believe Sydney is all grown up. I still thought she was a chubby nine month old with three binki's in her hand. Luke is darling and he kinda looks like he wants a new baby brother to play with....
..I'm just sayin...
Thanks for saying hi...check back anytime. Love - Hil
She is so cute. I am glad that Josie and Syd are friends. Too bad they didn't get in the same class. Maybe next year. I was way excited to see that Syd loves t-ball. I wondered if the girls really liked it or not. Maybe we will have to coach again next year.
she's sooo cute and looks SO big!
Post a Comment