Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sydney or Sidnei


Sydney may look just like her dad, but she has her mothers attitude.  (This is not a good thing.)  From the day she entered this world she has had a mind of her own.  Sometimes it's a blessing.  She has been very independent.  We joke she could easily survive on her own if we just sent her some money.  Sometimes her stubbornness is a curse.  Picking clothes to wear, how to do her hair, where we are going, pretty much anything is a battle.  

But sometimes it just makes me laugh.  The other day she came home and told me that Sydney can be spelled different ways.  I asked her what other way it could be spelled.  She said with i's or ee's.  I said yes, but dad and I decided to spell your name Sydney and we love it spelled that way.  Well she said I like it with i's.   That was the end of the conversation.  
The other day she came home from school and I was looking at all of her work from school.  She had six pages she had spelled her name Sidnei.  I asked her why she was spelling it that way and she informed me that is how she will be spelling her name from now on.  (Pretty sure that no one has ever spelled Sydney that way.)
Now the one blessing to having a child with your exact personality is you know exactly how to manipulate them.  For me, it's guilt.  It works like a charm on her as well.  I told her it hurt my feelings that she didn't like the way I spelled her name, got a really sad look on my face and she's completely committed to keeping her name Sydney.... At least this week. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is cute, little stinker. I swear my Saydee is going to be like that too, i'll need to practice my guilty tactics early to get ahead! GIRLS!

Connie said...

That cracks me up, she's pretty creative. Tell her she could also spell her name like this: Cydney

Julie said...

I am glad the melon was good. We were going to stop by on our way back in to town...but your husband decided not to answer his phone! :)

Sharla said...

That is so funny. I love reading your blog it always makes me laugh. I hope to see you at club Tuesday. You better come.

Nat Nat said...

That is so many kinds of funny. She is a hoot. GIRLS!!! I am lucky I only got one. She is enough attitude for me.