Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Luke's Broken Leg??





We took the kids to Jump on It for Luke's Birthday.  What were we thinking?  Our family can hardly walk on the ground without falling down.  But for some reason I figured they could handle balancing on giant balls of air.  I'm brilliant?  First time down the slide (even with dad) Luke came off limping.  If was the saddest thing I've ever seen.  He spent the rest of the night snuggled on my lap and wouldn't move.  Meanwhile Sydney came over 3 more times with a hurt wrist, a hurt ankle and hurt leg.  That night we went home and put Luke to bed with some Motrin.  The next morning he woke up and wouldn't put any weight on it at all.  We decided we better take him to be x-rayed.  After a few hours at the hospital, 9 x-ray's, and 12,000 tears later they found no break.  He spent his birthday party crawling around and playing hoop and hitting the t-ball from the sitting position.  It was pitiful.  Finally now 4 days after the event he has at least started to attempt limping again which we are hoping is a good sign.  

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love the way you write - it makes me laugh! I loved the part where you said that your family can't walk on the ground without falling down. Reminds me a bit of myself. (ha ha!)

lindsey v said...

that place is a danger zone! it's no wonder they make you sign a waiver when you go in! my kids love it there, but that big slide is a little much. i took mylee down it one time and she nearly went flying out of my arms! i'm glad luke didn't have a broken leg after all!