This weekend was a sad one for our little family. Our dog Shelby has had cancer in her leg for a couple of months and had been doing pretty well up until the last week. It appears the cancer had spread to her brain and she was unable to walk and was in a lot of pain. Mark and I decided it was time to have her put to sleep on Saturday. Even though we knew it was coming, it was a lot sooner and harder than I had anticipated. Shelby has been a part of our family since April 1999, over 9 1/2 years. Neither Mark or I have ever had a pet that long. She has been such a light in our life. I think she had the biggest heart of any animal I've ever known. She loves everyone! Sometimes a little too much. She has even loved our dozens of cats and bunnies that have come and gone through her time with us. Sydney and Luke will miss her greatly since she is the one they always want to go see when they are mad at us. Mark buried her under a tree on the river on the lot we hope to build our home one day. We will miss her greatly and we are so thankful she has been a part of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - and right before the holidays. I like the pictures you posted. Shelby was a beautiful dog.
Sorry hun, its very hard to loose a pet, sounds like she was a great dog, your kids will have so many fond memories and that is how you have to get through it!
so sorry guys! it's hard to go through the holidays when something unfortunate happens like this-hope your kids are doing okay
Sorry for your loss. It's nice that you guys have lots of pictures with her.
Post a Comment