Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Sacrificial Bunny



It is a family joke that we sacrifice a bunny every year for easter. I thought this year we weren't going to attempt again, but I guess Mark couldn't resist. He took Syd to IFA and bought her another bunny. This is about six years in a row that we have gotten a bunny or two for Easter and for some reason none of them live to see the 4th of July. Sometimes they are lucky to hit Memorial Day. So I'm posting this picture of Hopper, who set a record of surviving only 2 and a half weeks with the Hansen family. Seriously, we try very hard to keep them alive but something always seems to go wrong. Hoppers death remains a mystery. Sydney went out to play with her in the morning and said she seemed tired, because her eyes were closed. I didn't think much about it at the time. After school Sydney went to play with her and came running in the house crying hysterically. She sobbed out that the bunny was dead and HARD AS A ROCK. Needless to say after some serious hand scrubbing and convincing her Heavenly Father needed Hopper in Heaven she is doing fine and waiting anxiously for Easter 2009's bunny. Heaven help him.

4 comments:

sara said...

I am so glad that we can now watch your family grow! And I think this story is so funny!! It cracks me up.

Jaimi said...

Jill maybe a stuffed bunny would last a little longer. Ha Ha I think your a nice mom to keep the tradition going. I am a little grinch when it comes to pets. I tell my kids I clean enough poo!!! in the house we don't need to add to it. Your blog is cute!! and so are your kids. I have only one complaint how come you haven't added me to your list? I am seriously hurt, I thought you were my friend. Ha just kidding maybe one of these years I will catch up with everyone!! if I ever get to make it to club. You have a cute fam

Liz said...

JILL!!!! I am so excited that you have a blog and can I just say that this entry about the bunny had me laughing out loud! I can only imagine what Syd must have been thinking!

lindsey v said...

jill, this is awesome! Your fam is so cute. you know what's funny... we got a bunny for easter too. we've been trying to figure out what we're going to do with it. i'm surprised it's still living, since we only feed it about once a week. i'm sure my mom and dad have a nice area by their house it could roam in!!!