Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HALLOWEEN

The last couple of years Mark and I have started hosting a party on Halloween night.  It has been a lot of fun.  We have dinner and the kids all go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  It's been much easier than trying to get our kids to see everyone.  Of course Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays since it's also my birthday.  I still like to think everyone's out partying just for me.   We did have one small incident this year when Sherri and I volunteered to take the herd of younger children around the neighborhood alone.  We lost one.  But thanks to my dear friend Sharla and the luck that his babysitter lives nearby we recovered him without too much harm.  After that we implemented the buddy system.  I need to remember that for next year.  Thanks to both of our families for coming to play with us.

We were so excited this year when we came up with the idea of dressing the kids up as a BYU football player and cheerleader.  One because we already had Syd's outfit and a jersey for Luke. We also loved the idea because Luke loves to wear helmets so we figured after last years nightmare of wearing his Nemo costume for about 31/2 seconds this would be a big improvement.  So we spent two weeks searching for a BYU helmet and finally found one which we way overpaid for.  And then of course he wore it every second until 12:01a.m. Halloween morning and refused to wear it until the next day and hasn't taken it off since.  Hence the reason for the picture of Mark trying to force it on his head.  I swear, sometimes, I think he may just be the biggest tease on the entire planet. 
















A few of the cousins:  Tooth Fairy (Emily), BYU Cheerleader (Sydney), Dorothy (Jenna), Minnie and Mickey (Ava and Jordan), BYU Football Player (Luke)






2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute, and looks like a fun idea...we are always running around like crazy, its tradition I guess. So what else is new?

Gina said...

You're kids are so cute. Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween.